Your Next Dryer: Gas or Electric?
you're thinking about purchasing a dryer you might want to give some
extra thought as to whether you should choose gas or electricity as your fuel
source. Typically, gas dryers will cost between $50 to $150 more upon
initial purchase plus if your laundry area is not set up for gas
running a new gas line will cost additional money. However running a
save you up to 50% in energy costs.
- Locate your dryer in a heated space. Putting it in a cold or damp basement or an unheated garage will make the dryer work harder and less efficiently.
- Keep the lint filter clean. Cleaning the filter after every load will improve air circulation and increase the efficiency of the dryer. It's also an important safety measure.
- Scrub the lint filter regularly if you use dryer sheets. Dryer sheets can leave a film on the filter that reduces air flow and, over time, can affect the performance of the motor. Use a toothbrush to scrub it clean once a month.
- Make sure your dryer is vented properly. If you vent the exhaust outside, use the straightest and shortest metal duct available. Flexible vinyl duct isn't recommended because it restricts the airflow, can be crushed, and may not withstand high temperatures from the dryer.
- Check the outside dryer exhaust vent periodically. If it doesn't close tightly, replace it with one that does to keep the outside air from leaking in. This will reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Dry only full loads, as small loads are less economical; but do not overload the dryer.
- When drying, separate your clothes and dry similar types of clothes together. Lightweight synthetics, for example, dry much more quickly than bath towels and natural fiber clothes.
- Dry two or more loads in a row, taking advantage of the dryer's retained heat.
- Use the cool-down cycle (perma-press cycle) to allow the clothes to finish drying with the residual heat in the dryer.
Until then, weigh your options carefully when deciding whether to choose gas or electric for your next clothes dryer.
2nd Dec 2016
WiFi Enabled Appliances"Alexa, pre-heat the oven to three-fifty. Alexa, set freezer temperature to -3 degrees." The futur …5th Jan 2017
Garage RefrigeratorsCheck your Owner's Manual to find out if your refrigerator is designed to work properly inside you …20th Dec 2016
Your Next Dryer: Gas or Electric?If you're thinking about purchasing a dryer you might want to give some extra thought as to whe …2nd Dec 2016